May 14, 2011

Mother's Day Pie: Banana Cream

For mother's day I decided to bake my mom her favorite pie: Banana Cream. The crust was store-bought, and the filling was well...not home-made necessarily. I know, I know. I'm sorry! But hey, my mom told me that this was the way her mom used to make it for her, so I decided to stick to the tradition!

First I baked the crust, then let it cool and I put sliced bananas on the bottom layer. The pudding is just a Jello vanilla pudding mix that I added whole milk to. Then I mixed a bit of cool whip in, and let it set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. After it was set, I added another layer of bananas (more spaced out this time) and a layer of whip cream on top.

It was a very tasty pie. I never had Banana Cream Pie before, but I really liked it! The pudding part was kind of runny, so next time I don't think I would add quite as much milk as the package says. But, my mom loved it! So it was a very Happy Mother's Day, indeed! : )



Oh, and with the extra whip cream, I mixed up a little after-school snack that's both healthy and delicious! One layer strawberries, one layer whip cream. And repeat. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment