March 21, 2011

Le Bread!

 That's right, I made bread! For me, this was out of the ordinary. My family has a bread machine, but the last time we used it was probably when I was 8 years old.  Since we just got a new mixer, my dad wanted me to make some pizza dough to make pizzas on the grill. However, I had a lot of homework that day and I didn't have time to make pizza dough. So, I decided to still make dough...but just not put that much work into it.
 After all, bread makers are for lazy people, no? I think so. I pulled out the machine, gathered some ingredients (I had to go buy some yeast, though), put them in the machine, and hit the button. Four hours later we had a little loaf of deliciously simple white bread.
Since I bring lunches to school, this morning I cut some slices of bread (although I cut them pretty unevenly, so I gave some to the dog...sshhh, don't tell anyone!) and made myself a PB&J sandwich.  It was a fantastic lunch. Now my mom thinks I should bake bread every weekend so we have some fresh bread for the week. I think it sounds pretty good, eh? Later I want to learn how to make bread sticks, braided bread, and even dinner rolls! If anyone has some good recipes, do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment